Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summer's Last Dinner


Its our last dinner party of the summer! 
Colin is going to college so we are going to grill some steaks
 and send him off with a full tummy.
My favorite seat is this one right here with an embroidered dresser scarf with my monogram!
 My friend Bridget at the Rehab Boutique put it aside in her shop for me thinking I might like it~she was right!
I just covered an old cushion with it by laying it on top. 
Anything pink, blue, purple or floral is the theme of summer's last dinner.


Purple wineglasses from Crate and barrel were a wedding gift from my sister.
I am a purple lover and these are so soft and dreamy, and they hold a nice glass of wine!
I set the table with green beaded votives at each setting.
The hotel silver plated urn holds flowers from my garden. 
This is a loose garden bouquet, anything goes!
More hotel silver in monogrammed forks~W~that stands for wonderful!
Abingdon China, a free giveaway at the supermarket 30 years ago with a $100 purchase.
Soft pastels are the order of the day. I like using placemats because they are easy to clean. 
These are on upside down because I like the ticking stripe side better than the solid blue front side. 
No rules apply ladies!
An old fashioned butter server with a floral pattern joins the table.
A large empty platter will soon be piled high with steaks.
Purple, blue and pink....
with lots of white spells summer to me.


Looking forward to my family joining together to send Colin off.








Time to grab my bag and head to the market....thanks for visiting my table!


Linking to:

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Amy. I love your monogrammed 'slipcover'! What a fabulous idea. The whole color scheme of your table speaks elegance. Love that china and hotel silver {I collect mismatched pieces}. Everything looks really pretty!! :-)

    Best of luck to Colin!!

    xoxo
    Janie

    P.S. You asked about my blog design...Cutest Blog On The Block did it with pictures I took of old journals, a tea set and a picture of my mom. They are geniuses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh my!! So GORGEOUS! I love it!! The tablescape- the room- the furniture!!!! I want to come for dinner too!! :) I really love those glasses! Congrats to Colin on heading off to college!
    Thanks for your comment about Ryan~ it IS crazy how that little baby boy turning into a man affects us moms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Amy! Every detail...your darling seat (I also like your scarf and the seat itself!), the lavender stemware, fresh flowers, all those soft colors and I never say no to steak! ;-) Congrats to Colin!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning tablescape in a very pretty room. Everything reminds me of pictures by Carl Larsson. The centrepiece with the bouquet is lovely beyond words.
    Greetings from Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tablescape is beautiful and I love that bench. Thanks for the comment on my wall changes. I would like to find some nice red transferware plates. I will be hunting for those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous table you set! Love the purple wine glasses.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the last supper suggestion, very true. We are toasting summer via a BBQ on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so soft and inviting!
    You asked about the purple plates I posted. They were made by Neiman Marcus and discontinued. I have 2 plates, salads and soup bowls. I would love to get more, but even Replacements.com doesn't have the plates. I have a similar set in Red.
    Love your purple stems. I have 4 of the ones you saw, and 6 I haven't shown yet from Villeroy and Boch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very lovely. I think using those lavender stems was genius.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for coming by Amy and for the nice comment. Those toile chargers came from Lamps Plus, of all places, but a quick google search turned up a few even though they're no longer carried at L.P. Love your blog (grabbing your button) and your last dinner of summer table. Love the color palette. Sending off kids to college is bittersweet. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The elements all work well together to form a beautiful, romantic vignette. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is all so beautiful. Light, airy, and inviting. I really love the photos from above that shows the whole picture -- amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Amy! Your house is always like a breath of fresh air, ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to ask>>WHAT ABOUT THE TABLE..please tell me /describe your table;am trying to figure it out..if I am seeing what I THINK I am OOOOOOOOO WOW!
    http://mygrammashouse@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely sunny place for a good meal! I love the monogrammed scarf.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...